Re: Improving GT6 water pump efficiency (just a thought)

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Improving GT6 water pump efficiency (just a thought)
From: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 07:01:07 -0500
Some years ago I read an article in a magazine such as Hot Rod about a
water pump improvement trick.  It involved simply installing a backing
plate on the impellers to reduce/prevent water from spilling off the
sides.  They installed it on some V8 that was chronically hot and got
substantial cooling improvements.  Just something to consider.

You might also want to consider going with an electric water pump
instead of the mechanical.  They've come a long ways.  They flow well
and last.  You can find them advertised in various circle track
magazines.

>>> "bschwart@postoffice.pacbell.net" <bschwart@postoffice.pacbell.net>
02/07/03 09:49AM >>>
I am considering improving flow and subsequent cooling on the GT6
water
pump. After exhausting all attempts to make my GT6 run cooler at idle
on a
hot day (its much better and doesnt overheat but still gets pretty hot
idling on those days)