1/8 Scale Spitfire

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: 1/8 Scale Spitfire
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 21:11:04 -0500
Hi Guys-
I just was at a local auto parts store(the competition) and they had a few 1/8
scale metal cars on clearance- $9.99, so I bought two- the last Miata(for my
sister) and the last Spitfire- a 70 MkIV in BRG. I was just enjoying the
detailing in this one, H1041 from "Chrono" when I noticed one small, but really
wrong detail- The horn button emblem. I had thought that it had been changed
from a Triumph "Truncated dragon wings" late in the 60's to the word "Triumph".
Regardless, they had that badge, but wholly inverted in the middle of the
wheel! It does not appear to be a decal, rather airbrushed on. Beautifully
done(well, for the price) but upside down.

And, they included an antenna on the left rear wing- but no radio decal on the
dash support! Obviously they detailed this model from a restoration in
progress...lol They hadn't found a radio for it!

Does anyone else have this model, with these issues? I always seem to get the
screwed up items. I guess that is because I think they're special because of
it...lol

Scott
proud new owner of a 1970 MkIV(1/8 scale)
1964 Herald 1200 Convertible (1/1 scale)