Re: another shuttle

To: <richard@bonilla.com>
Subject: Re: another shuttle
From: "James Carruthers" <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 18:03:28 -0000 (GMT)
yup, thats what I was trying to say Richard.

The shuttle is so incredibly complex, its a miracle in itself.

"Accidents happen" as they say, and with a shuttle Im sure its more likley
to happen than with alot of other things - no matter how much you train
the crew.

We have to also remember that the crew's job was to go in this thing, it's
an associated risk that something will go wrong, and when it goes wrong,
it really will go wrong.

Compare this to job to firefighters and coastguards.... how many of these
people die doing their duty to save others?