Re: Spongy Brakes x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: "James Carruthers" <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>,
Subject: Re: Spongy Brakes x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
From: Douglas Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 10:35:00 -0500
For a long time I had some semi-metallic front pads (the kind with little bits
of copper, etc
in the material).   I had to stomp pretty hard to stop quickly, and locking up
the wheels
on dry pavement was quite hard to do.

Then I installed some older-style non-metallic pads, and the braking
effectiveness improved
quite a lot.

Since Spit front brake pads are real, real cheap, it may be worth experimenting
with
a couple of different brands, even if your current pads are not worn out yet.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit