Re: rimmers parts

To: "Richard Gosling" <richard.gosling@exprogroup.com>,
Subject: Re: rimmers parts
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 13:19:20 -0800
Richard,

FYI, all the water pumps (though contstructed slightly differently) wind up
with the same net clearance to the radiator as far as I was able to determine
through my research a few months ago.  The only possible solution would be to
get a very late model (79-80 I believe) water pump housing and cut off that
inch or so of rod that sticks out in the front (as illustrated in Mr. Chu's
photos) to provide slightly more clearance for the fan.  I don't know if
trimming down the metal on the pump in this way would have any adverse
consequences or not.

Jeff