Re: 80 Spit pushrod question

To: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net>,
Subject: Re: 80 Spit pushrod question
From: "Dave Willner" <dwillner@icontech.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 15:41:36 -0500
I'm using "Haynes" terminology....sorry if I was unclear

I'm not a clutch guru, but I believe it's called a clutch arm pushrod that
attaches with a pin thru the clutch arm lever. This horozintal rod (about 5"
long with a bushing on one end) goes into the slave.

The bracket is really a "round 1 12/2" opening in the bellhousing the slave
gets inserted into I called it a bracket because of the pinch bolt, but I
guess its not really a bracket.

Should this rod, or whatever it's called, have any play in it at all, or
should be be tight with no play back and forth or side to side. Right now it
seems to flop down and rest on the bottom of the opening and I can pull it
back and forth about 1/2". And what I am facing in regard to replacing if
indeed that is a problem

Thanks

Dave Willner
59 TR3A Apple Green