80 Spit pushrod question

To: "Spitfires" <Spitfires@autox.team.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: 80 Spit pushrod question
From: "Dave Willner" <dwillner@icontech.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 13:03:39 -0500
I rebuilt and replaced the clutch MC and the slave because of a major loss of
fluid at the slave last week. Things went together real well, smothered the
seals with grease and refit everything. Did a bench bleed this morning which
worked out well.

When I went to reinstall the slave I noticed the pushrod was laying on the
bottom of the bracket and there seems to be about 1/2" - 3/4" of horizontal
play in it. My pedal goes 1/2 - 2/3 down to the floor until it engages, but
very light before that.

Time for a new pushrod?, or?  If so (I'm leaning that way) what's the best
route to take and what else should I look for? TIA

Dave Willner
59 TR3A Apple Green
80 Spitfire Carmine Red