Re: Continuing electrical woes

To: Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Continuing electrical woes
From: "Greg Rowe" <growe58@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 22:29:12 -0500
>From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@comcast.net>
>
>I would look at two different items. First, the turn signal switch. Second,
>the flasher unit itself.

I forgot to mention that I dismantled and reassembled the turn
signal switch. It looked OK.  How would I test it - check for
zero resistance through it?

I am also getting the test lamp to light on both sides of the
flasher unit so I'm thinking it's OK.  It's "upstream" of the
turn signal switch so if it was bad I wouldn't get current at
the switch, or would I??? I was a little surprised that the test
lamp didn't flash on and off at the one terminal on the flasher,
but I put that down to insufficient current draw to activate the
flashing.  I have no idea if that is a reasonable assumption.

>These would be your two best first guess items, before you run yourself to
>ground over a wiring issue.
>
>Scott
>PS- Did I mention "Pun Intended"? ;)

Ouch!  Wire you doing this to us?  ;-)