Changing the standard distributor over to the electronic one

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Changing the standard distributor over to the electronic one
From: "James Carruthers" <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 10:04:05 -0000
Hi Listers,

Just a quick question, it doesnt seem to be covered in the Haynes manual.

My car has electronic ignition - however the new engine still has its standard
distributor on - can I swap over the distributors and keep all the timing
information? I don't have a timing light yet - Im guessing now is the time to
get one... I know the timing was set on the last engine because I did it
myself (I borrowed one)

Even still, is there a way I can roughly transfer the "settings" from either
the standard distributor over to the electronic one, or the other way around?

James

1977 Pimento Red Spit