Re: New Spit 1500 owner electrical questions (lite)

To: Dave Willner <dwillner@icontech.com>
Subject: Re: New Spit 1500 owner electrical questions (lite)
From: Alan Lemen <ralemen@cableone.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 17:52:54 -0700
Welcome Dave. Glad to hear a confirmed Triumph guy out there ( p.s. I
have ford as well)

Sorry to be short but I have to leave in  a minute to local car club
night - go-kart racing......

Hope this helps:

No 1 sounds like the old Lucus Opus electronic ignition connector. If
you have a replacement ignition system then don't worry.
No 2 yes there is a buzzer up under the passenger side that warns when
the seatbelts are not fastened etc. May be the leads from that that used
to go to the seat switch.
No 3 yes, switches go bad. If you take of the trim in front of the
handbrake and then the arm rest you can get to the switch. I thought I
had mine fixed and it then started to stay on all the time. Now it
decides when it wants to work or not.
No 4 sounds like it although the senders do go bad. Mine went only to a
half reading with a full tank and an OK float. If you short out the
correct terminal to ground it should give full range reading.

The wiring diagrams at http://www.triumphspitfire.com/wiring.html should
help.

Regards,

Alan ('76 Spitfire)