Re: ignition switch

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: ignition switch
From: Douglas Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 22:31:51 -0500
Hello,

I got a replacement starter solenoid for my Spit, and the terminals are not
exactly
the same as the previous one.  There is a connection for the wire that
bypasses the ignition ballast resistor during cranking (it's the one with a
yellow-white wire).
On my old solenoid, there was a normal-sized female spade terminal for this
connection.
On the replacement unit, there is a 3/4 size male spade terminal.  Does
anyone know which is correct for a MK IV?

You might think: "Duh, the correct one is the one that the wire will plug in
to!".
But a previous owner had replaced the spade plug on the wire, so I
have no idea what the wire originally had.

I guess my choices are to either replace the connector on the end of
the wire, or see if I can get a solenoid with exactly the same connections
as the old one...

Doug Braun
'72 Spit