Re: Clutch release pin question

To: Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Clutch release pin question
From: "Greg Rowe" <growe58@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 20:10:03 -0500
Yeah, I did that once too.  Couldn't figure anyway to get
sufficient leverage on the pin to shift it with everything in
place.  ISTR that I only had to pull the tranny back a couple
of inches to free the pin and as Alan noted, I put a couple of
long bolts in place to guide the tranny back easier.  Luckily
I had only done up a couple of the bellhousing to engine bolts
before I noticed.

Moral of the story:  put locking pliers on that pin to hold it
from falling in before replacing transmission.  Sorry you had to
learn the hard way too.

Best regards,

Greg Rowe