RE: Ultimate V8 For Spitfires

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Ultimate V8 For Spitfires
From: Richard Gosling <richard.gosling@exprogroup.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 11:06:49 -0000
A Fireblade engine in a Spit??  How about TWO Fireblade engines!!!

I went on a track day about 1 1/2 years ago and there was this Lotus 7
replical (a Tiger I think) which had 2 motorbike engines (Kawasaki I think
but I'm not sure).  They were mounted one in front of the other, with one
slightly to the left and the other slightly to the right, so that the output
shaft from the front engine ran alongside the rear engine.  Both output
shafts then went into some sort of differential-type device with a single
output shaft to the gearbox.   Absolutely incredible!!!!

The thing went like s*** of a shovel - until about half-way through the
second session when it suddenly died, and had to be towed back to its
trailer...

Richard & Daffy

P.S. just found Tigers web-page
http://www.tiger-sportscars.demon.co.uk/frames.htm  15 grand for the kit, 30
grand for a fully-built car, 0-60 in 3.11 seconds.  Mad.

Important Notice:
The information in this email is confidential and may be legally-privileged.
If you have reason to believe you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure,
copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on
it is prohibited and may be unlawful and you are requested to contact the
sender
urgently and dispose of this email