Spitfire mentioned on Telly!!

To: "'Spitfire List'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spitfire mentioned on Telly!!
From: Richard Gosling <richard.gosling@exprogroup.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 09:32:11 -0000
Anyone (in the UK) watch Top Gear last night?

In the new format of the program they have a permanent dedicated test track
outside the new studio (shed!), and keep a record of the fastest test times
achieved by their professional driver in various cars - so far there is a
Pagani Zonda, Lamborghini Murcielago, and Noble M12.  They also invited
viewers to contact them if they reckoned they had a car that could beat the
record time so far - and Clarkson mentioned that someone had written in
saying they could beat it in their Triumph Spitfire!  OK, so it's not much
of an appearance by our beloved car, but it's as big a mention as we are
likely to get on the UKs biggest car program.

Clarkson ridiculed the idea because of the Spitfires '65 hp' (if I was going
to be a real anorak I'd write to him to say that no UK Spit had that output,
they were 63, 67, 75, 63, 71 respectively for the different Marks), so I
don't think the owner is likely to be taken up on his offer!

Richard

Important Notice:
The information in this email is confidential and may be legally-privileged.
If you have reason to believe you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure,
copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on
it is prohibited and may be unlawful and you are requested to contact the
sender
urgently and dispose of this email