Re: Engine Swap Update: She's alive!

To: "James Carruthers" <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Engine Swap Update: She's alive!
From: Dan Canaan <flinters@picarefy.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 11:14:37 -0700
Congrats, James!  Somehow it becomes all worth it when you hear the engine
actually running.

On my frame off restoration, I got the chassis done and planted the engine
in place.  Everything was clean and shiny, but I was easily a year away
before driving the car since the body tub is still on a stand awaiting
attention.  I needed to hear that engine so I hooked up enough components
and got it running sitting there on a rolling chassis.  Kinda odd looking
to see it without a body, but it sure did the heart and spirit good to hear
it 'alive'.

You're almost done!