Re: Defroster fogs windshield

To: "Spitfires List" <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Defroster fogs windshield
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 19:50:26 +0100
All the points raised are valid and most likely to be condensation in the
heater box and ductwork but this should burn off pretty fast as the engine
warms up. It's always more severe in a soft-top than a saloon because it's
not so resistant to humidity changes. I've had this problem on my more
modern Eurobox daily driver and found it was worsened by omitting to do
something fundamental. Make sure the inside of the windshield is clean.
Sounds obvious I know, and even if it *looks* clean - it probably isn't.
Give it a thorough scrub with glass cleaner to remove the crud build-up and
you'll notice that fogging becomes a very brief affair.

Jonmac