Re: Need a new battery

To: "Jim Dwyer" <jim.dwyer@sympatico.ca>,
Subject: Re: Need a new battery
From: Dan Canaan <flinters@picarefy.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 16:01:43 -0700
At 06:21 PM 10/17/02 -0400, Jim Dwyer wrote:
>I need a new battery.  The old one blew up while it was being recharged!
>Any suggestions for a battery that will fit in the spit?  A Canadian Tire
>model would even be OK!
>
>Jim

Batteries are assigned size designations by 'group' numbers.  The most
common and basic battery is the Group 24, which is a top mount
battery.  This will fit fine in the battery tray of a Spitfire without any
trouble.  It's also the cheapest.  If you want to reverse the terminals
because of battery cable routing, you can pick up a Group 24F (Ford) which
will have the negative and positive terminals swapped out from the 'norm'.

-Vegaman Dan