Little OT - Where are people? NC

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Little OT - Where are people? NC
From: Robert J Finnis <r.finnis@eim.surrey.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 15:19:41 +0100
Hi,

Just got back to the UK after a few days in North Carolina.  I was wondering
how many listers are based in NC, as quite a few mails recently have mentioned
the state?

I'm based in Guildford, UK, but my girlfriend has recently moved over to
Durham, NC.  I seem to remember a V6 Spitfire for sale around there 6 months
ago?

Whilst I was there, I went to a British car show near Raliegh-Durham airport
(last Sat).  Interesting to see what the scene is like in a different country.
 Everyone was friendly and enthusiastic.  The show was mainly MG, but there
were four Spitfires and a Stag there in the morning - I had to leave early to
get to Raleigh, but persuaded Karen that a "quick look" was OK (quick turned
into an hour).

Not sure if I fancy driving a Spit with all the trucks/SUVs around out there -
I get worried by the smaller ones here, let alone the huge American ones!

Robert

'71 Spit IV