Re: [SPIT6CGT6] Re: [spitfire-enthusiast] RE: photos of the

To: <SPIT6CGT6@yahoogroups.com>, <spitfire-enthusiast@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [SPIT6CGT6] Re: [spitfire-enthusiast] RE: photos of the
From: "ptegler@cablespeed" <ptegler@cablespeed.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 07:48:24 -0400
Well I've got another 'first'...I've never seen either here.

I just acquired a late 1500 model steering wheel and column
(key in the pod and multi-function stalk switches) to replace
the older style in my '73 GT6. (I don't like the key way down
under the dash.)

Now to the best of my knowledge.... you had the older silver
armed steering wheel, with a rubber 'snap on' horn center
that in 78 was replaced by the Moto-lita wheel, when the
'pod' changed. Then 79 and 80 had the fully covered
'rubber' wheel (spokes were rubber covered too)

On the wheel that is on the column I got from Ted S. the spokes
are silver (metal) but the horn center is NOT a horn, but it's
not the softer rubber snap on piece either.  So now I have
4 different steering wheels.   I'll have to photo this as well
as it's something I've never seen before.

Paul Tegler
ptegler@cablespeed.com
www.teglerizer.com