Engine Swap Update No. 2

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Engine Swap Update No. 2
From: "James Carruthers" <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 22:00:34 +0100
Hi Listers,

Well, I went to see the engine this morning. Sounded good, reved nicely, no
oil leaks, no knocking noises - so I bought it. Along with a gear box and
radiator.

Got back about lunch time and worked all afternoon further disconnecting stuff
and removing interior. The gearbox simply needs unbolting from the prop
shaft.

Got to the point of being able to lift the engine, tried once, but it didnt
seem to want to separate from the gearbox - all the bell housing bolts were
undone, so not sure why it didnt want to shift - I think we need to move the
engine forward a bit more - however we decided it was too dark to continue, so
that will have to be done tomorrow.

The saga continues.....

James