RBR News - Finished!

To: "SpitList" <spitfires@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RBR News - Finished!
From: "Suzie" <dbh725f@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2002 22:45:33 +0100
Well, home at last but - what an experience - I was a little nervous before
it all started as to how it would go but I'm so glad we did it. Despite
bone-wearying tiredness at times all in all it really was exhilarating to
have attempted and completed this. I know some people have taken part
several times and I've now just done it the once. Can't imagine doing it
every time but I can now understand Guy saying that just after the first
time he did it he could understand the appeal of doing it again - now, so
can I!

We completed the whole run in 47 1/2 hours making good time on most of the
legs. That car goes damn well - even with tie-wraps holding the bonnet in
place after one of the support brackets broke, and with the exhaust blowing
a bit after bottoming out with a mighty crunch on one of the northern
Scottish roads.

I'm also very pleased that - eventually - I did achieve my aim of getting a
web page up & running during the trip (http://triumphsouth.20m.com/rbr.html)
despite the angst when half of it disappeared just as I thought it was all
coming together nicely on Saturday afternoon. As Guy says - it appears as
though the 60s design Bond worked more efficiently that the 21st century
mobile links! I have more photos which I aim to put up on the page in the
next day or two - though I must get my next TSSC article finished too!

I do want to say thank you to those of you who sent us words of
encouragement during the weekend, they were very much appreciated.

Signing off for now - and heading for a much anticipated bath & bed!

Suzie, Guy & Bob
1970 Bond Equipe 2l Estate, SWV 352J