Re: At Last

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: At Last
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2002 20:34:56 +0100
On Sun, 6 Oct 2002, at around 16:49:14 local time, Tom Marshall
<tommarshall@roadrunner50.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
>well i purchased my 1st Spitfire yestarday and im well pleased. 1975 1500 for
>the spitfiregraveyard in Sheffield. Needs a bit of work but should have it on
>the road by next summer. I HOPE.

Congratulations!   Welcome to the most exhilarating and frustrating form
of LBC ownership.

At least if you are a Graveyard customer, you've got a great resource to
hand for spares...

>Follow the link below if you want to view any images of the car.
>
>http://www.geocities.com/tommarshalluk

Are you sure this is a genuine 1500?   Those are Mark IV seats, and the
bonnet decal is in the wrong place, and at the wrong angle.

Nice clock on the dashboard - very much in keeping with the original
gauge dials.

Best of luck with your restoration.

ATB
--
Mike
Carly  - 1977 Inca Yellow Spitfire 1500 FM105671