Brake aduster tappets

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Brake aduster tappets
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2002 13:31:02 -0700
I was just in the process of bleeding my brakes -- got the front two done.
Went around to the back, and went to tighten the brake adjusters, but there
was no resistance.  Huh?  What?!  No wonder it was so easy installing those
brake shoes this time!  The little tappets that fit inside the adjuster that
push out against the shoes are missing from both rear wheels.  If anyone has
parted out a Spitfire and can spare all four tappets, please contact me
off-list.  I'd rather pay a list member something reasonable and fair for
these than have to buy two new adjusters at $30 a pop to get them.  The rest
of my adjusters are in good shape.  Just missing the tappets!  If you need to
see a picture of what I need, I can e-mail you one.  If anyone is parting out
a Mk3, I could also use the little facia panel plates that clamp the wood dash
to the facia surround from the rear.  I can send a picture of that, too.

Take care,

Jeff McNeal (San Diego)

'68 Spitfire Mk3 frame off, bare metal project, aka "Mrs. Jones"
'70 GT6+ "Accidental", eventual restoration project
http://www.TotallyTriumph.net/spitfire/spitfire.shtml
Join  the TOTALLY TRIUMPH NETWORK!
Forums, Photos, How-To's, Classifieds, Links & Triumph Merchandise
http://www.TotallyTriumph.net