RBR News -oblems A68 coming up to Corbridge

To: "NASS" <nass@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: RBR News -oblems A68 coming up to Corbridge
From: "Suzie" <dbh725f@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2002 00:52:12 +0100
We made a good start, everyone seemed to get away from Enfield without too
many delays. We were slightly held up about an hour into the trip though by
stopping to check out the GT6 who was having fuel starvation problems. It
seemed to clear itself though and he made it to Blythe services - as did the
amazing stretch Herald with the Canley Classics Crew - what a show stopper!

It was great to see the beast there in all its glory - but such a shame to
discover that problems with the 20' (or thereabouts) exhaust - ie, it was
about to part company with the manifold - meant they were unlikely to be
accompanying us the whole way. Last heard they were either going to hole up
in a Travelodge and hit the bar - or of they're able find some sticky-backed
plastic and a washing up liquid bottle we may see them again at some future
point in the run.

Whatever the outcome it was a pretty amazing feat to produce such a vehicle
in such a short time and they should all be proud of their accomplishment. I
can imagine it'll be a talking point in Triumpoh circles for some time - a
legend in the making!

So, currently, Bob's driving, Guy's taking a rest curled up in the back and
yours truly has spent the last hour peering at the laptop getting a photo of
said Eight Wonder of the Triumph World, amd keeping up with navigating (when
there haven't been a convenient set of Triumph taillights to follow).

Check out the latest photo at http://triumphsouth.20m.com/RBR.html

Till my next news report, Suzie signing off.

Suzie. Guy & Bob
1970 Bond Equipe 2l Estate, SWV 352J