Re: Re:PDWA question

To: "Philip Warburton" <cplimey@shaw.ca>
Subject: Re: Re:PDWA question
From: "griffco" <griffco@griffco.ca>
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2002 21:56:33 -0600
Interestingly I just had to reset my PDWA this week.

I had slowed to a crawl at a stoplight, looked left and right for cars and
pedestrians, then proceded when a kid on a bike came flying down the
sidewalk as I was about to make a right hand turn.  I jumped on the brakes,
as did he.  We missed, I swore, he rode away. (bike riding on sidewalks is
illegal here!)

I noticed afterward that the Brake light had come on - obviously the PDWA
had shifted.

I started by bleeding the front left brake - no luck.  Bled the left rear
brake and light went out. (I used the left side only for convienience in a
one-man operation.).

I only pressed the pedal very lightly to recentre the PDWA.  I've done this
in the past where pumping the brake, as if doing a proper bleed, causes the
PDWA to snap to the opposite end leaving you confused as to what is wrong.

Moral - look for dumb kids on bikes, and
press the brake pedal LIGHTLY when recentering the PDWA.

Cheers, Fred