PDWA question

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: PDWA question
From: "BillG" <wrgingerich@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2002 10:56:28 -0500
Greetings, Fellow Listers!

The PDWA has been off center in Lazarus, the resurrected Spitfire, since he
was reassembled in early July.  I finally decided to fix the problem.  I
cracked open a rear Speedbleeder and pumped the pedal about 3 times before I
heard the PDWA click and the warning light went off.  I closed the bleeder
and topped up the m/c.  Took a test drive and immediately noticed
significant differences in the way the brakes worked.  The pedal engages
noticeably closer to the floor, is less firm, and requires less "leg" to
stop the car.  My understanding from all of the previous PDWA discussions on
this list is that the position of the PDWA shuttle doesn't effect the
function of the brakes, just turns on the light.  Yet I'm seeing a
significant change in the brakes.  For those suspecting air in the lines, I
did maintain the fluid level in the m/c during my 3 pumps.  Any pearls of
wisdom out there, or am I just confused?  (a normal state of mind for me)
TIA.

BillG

'74 Spit  Lazarus
'73 Spit  Rip