RE: 200,000 miles was 100,000 miles

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: 200,000 miles was 100,000 miles
From: "Greg Rowe" <growe58@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 07:43:22 -0400
>From: Richard Gosling <richard.gosling@exprogroup.com>
>
>140,000 and counting on Daffy... and I'm assuming that she hadn't been
>round
>the clock already when I bought her.
>
>James, you've got some catching up to do, but now Daffy has eased off to
>part-time work you might get there eventually!
>
>What's the record?  There must be a few out there that are ahead of me
>still?
>
>Richard & Daffy

I bought mine 11 years ago with a broken speedometer and 79,000
miles showing.  Since the PO admitted to driving the car from
Philadelphia to LA and back, I figured true mileage was probably
85-90,000 at the time.  I average about 10-12,000 year, but have
gone through two more speedometers, so total mileage is not actually
known, but estimated 200,000-215,000.

Of course, many of the parts are no longer original to the car
by this point...

Cheers!

Greg Rowe