Bump induced steering

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Bump induced steering
From: simon.halliwell@consignia.com
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 10:43:47 +0000
Hi all,

Since completion of my 1967 Mk3 restoration I have noticed the tendency for the
car
to veer left or right slightly when hitting a bump or hole in the road.  This
now
appears to be more severe, it feels like it always tends to turn slightly right
when the back end (either side) hits a hole.  During restoration i renewed the
bushes etc. in both front and back suspension, fitted new dampers etc.  Does
anyone
know if this can be reduced / eliminated or is it a 'feature' of the car?

Any advise gratefully received.

Simon.

This  email  and  any  attachments  are confidential and intended for the
addressee
only.   If  you are not the named recipient, you must not use, disclose,
reproduce,
copy  or  distribute the contents of this communication.  If you have received
this
in error, please contact the sender and then delete this email from your system.