Re: questions for the list

To: "George P." <ygpz4re@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: questions for the list
From: Stephane St-Amant <steph71tr6@crosswinds.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 19:49:18 -0400
My Spit was running very hot last year.
Had my original rad recored.  The new core is more efficient as it is
made the same way modern rads are.  That did fix the problem for a while.

This past few weeks, the Spit started running hot again.  Turned out
that the rad cap needed to be replaced, it wasn't holding the pressure
that the cooling system needs to be efficient.  Did that and now the car
run at a temp where it should be.   whether it's 70 degrees outside or
100.  Open roads or stuck in traffic.  On top of that, my rad shrouds
are almost non-existant!

Open your cap and check inside to see if the rad look clogged. Or take
it to a rad shop.  Might just need a cleaning.

If it needs it, having your current rad recored might even cheaper that
to get another one.

But first, check that rad cap and replace it if needed, they are cheap!

HTH
Stef
'69 Spit - Running cool!
'71 TR6 - In pieces!