Re: It's the head gasket!

To: Jeff McNeal <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Subject: Re: It's the head gasket!
From: John Hobson <goalie_john@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 09:58:14 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks for the sanity check Jeff!  But yes, I did install it the right
way up with the tab on the gasket lined up with the tab on the block.  I
also made sure that the block and head were very clean too.  Only other
thing I can think it would be is dirt in the recesses around the
cylinders, I will make doubly sure that these are clean next time round!

cheers
John

--- Jeff McNeal <jmcneal@ohms.com> wrote:
> John,
>
> I don't mean for this to sound insulting, because it's a very basic
> question, but when you installed your Payen gasket, did you take care
> to orient it correctly?  There is a tab on the end that's on the back
> end of the block that says "top".  If the gasket was mounted upside
> down, this might account for the problem you had, even though the head
> bolts were tight!
>
> Glad it was something inexpensive to fix!
HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
http://www.hotjobs.com