RE: Rear wheels at different angles-Spitfire

To: "'Joe Curry'" <spitlist@gte.net>, Lenny Seidman <lseidman@erols.com>
Subject: RE: Rear wheels at different angles-Spitfire
From: Richard Gosling <richard.gosling@exprogroup.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 09:36:46 +0100
Lenny, Joe,

I replaced my rear spring to fix a sag-to-drivers-side.  Didn't help.  In
retrospect, due to the swing-spring design (and therefore next-to-zero roll
control at the rear, bottom leaf only has any effect on roll), I shouldn't
have expected replacing the rear spring to fix it.

My current expected culprit is the front springs, possibly in collaboration
with the front anti-roll bar (I once disconnected the anti-roll bar, with
the car sitting on its wheels normally - it did not spring in either
direction when released, suggesting that it is neither causing the lean, nor
making any effort to correct it).  However, I'm not that bothered by the
amount of lean I have to make it a priority to fix.

Richard & Daffy

Important Notice:
The information in this email is confidential and may be legally-privileged.
If you have reason to believe you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure,
copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on
it is prohibited and may be unlawful and you are requested to contact the
sender
urgently and dispose of this email