Re: Cooling

To: <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: Cooling
From: "Ken C" <sdspitfire@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 07:46:01 -0700
Hi Barry,

If you get a chance, read Bedard's column. The RSC sounds like it's worth a
try. I'm just trying to figure a way to get some !

Ken C

>If your having a slight problem with slight overheating say just in hot
weather and the gauge gets a little more towards the hot than you'd like,
but it isn't really overheating (boiling over) Then using just plain old
water, with out any antifreeze (but use a lubricant/antirust like Prestone
or similar) is actually more efficient than an antifreeze mix as far as
transferring heat.  It's certainly cheaper and more effective than adding
any more additives.  I've tried water wetter etc, and found that plain old
water is the best. The folks at Stewart high performance water pumps back
this up.  If you don't need the freezing protection (and here in San Diego
you don't really need it) then it will improve your cooling efficiency
possibly enough to get you by - I've been running this way now in both my
cars - and it works the best, especially in the GT6 which has always run a
little on the warm side -