Cooling

To: "Spit Elist" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cooling
From: "Ken C" <sdspitfire@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 06:58:01 -0700
Has anyone else read the Patrick Bedard column in this months "Car & Driver"
? In it, he talks about some alternatives to the typical 50-50 blend of
water and ethylene glycol currently used by just about everybody in their
radiators.
The part that caught my eye when he mentioned British roadsters and their
inherent overheating problems.

Cutting to the chase, there is a Zerex (owned by Valvoline) product called
Zerex Racing Super Coolant that could help minimize the problem. According
to the article, RSC will increase the effectiveness of your cooling system
by 25 percent.

Other products are also discussed, Extended Life , G-05, but it's the RSC
that interests me.

A couple of downsides, isn't that always the case ! RSC is only good for
warm weather climates, only good to about 32 degrees F. And, you can't buy
it anywhere. This last one presents a bit of a problem !

According to the Zerex tech guy, they give it to the NASCAR racing teams
but, maybe, real soon now it will be available for purchase.

So, does anyone have access to a NASCAR team ?  If so, grab me a couple of
gallons of the RSC and send them on down !

An other way might be to let Zerex know there is a market for this stuff.
Their tel number is 1-800-832-6825 (1-800-TEAMVAL), then 4 for the tech
guys. Give them a call and let 'em know we're interested. You can also
contact them via their web site, www.valvoline.com. Go to the contact page,
at the bottom open the window and check "Ask Zerex" and type in a comment.

We need this stuff !

Ken C

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of
happy.gif]