Spitfire Tub/Frame/Parts Avail. FREE, San Francisco

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Spitfire Tub/Frame/Parts Avail. FREE, San Francisco
From: "Mark Sinclair" <msinclair@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 08 May 2002 00:33:04 +0000
Dear Listers:

It is with some regret that I'm getting rid of the larger parts of my
Spitfire project.  I hope to purchase a running MK1 or 2 later this year so
will be keeping much of the mechanical/interior stuff.

I have the following items available to be taken away.  I need to get rid of
them in the next week or two so let me know soon or they'll be scrapped.
The deal is that you have to take the whole lot, on the plus side, they're
FREE. I can help with a few extra hands for loading etc.

1964 MK1 Spitfire chassis, blasted to bare metal and POR15'd outside,
Corroless sloshed down the rails. The sandblasting uncovered a pretty big
crack that needs to be welded - was probably there for 30 years.

A 64 tub that is pretty much toast after a firm hit in the front right.
I've stripped all the stuff I want.  Some bits may be salvageable.

Spare 1967 tub, blasted and primed and had Corroless sloshed down the rocker
panels, needs bodywork and prep for final painting.  Back has been hit
pretty hard.  I ground out all the old bondo and it needs additional panel
work etc.  I also removed the dash (was planning on putting my MK1 dash in
there).  I kept the MK2 dash although it got slightly mangled coming out.
Might make a good racer project?

The papers are clean, have title for both tubs, so you can probably choose
to have the early black plates (NIX 365 - pretty darn cool) or the blue
ones.

I also have a couple of spare MK3 doors and some miscellanous mechanical &
body stuff in soso condition that I also want to get rid of - steering
columns, trunk lids, 3rail gearbox, diff.

The whole shebang is located in San Francisco (costing me a fortune in
garage rental).  You'd need a decent truck or trailer to take it away in one
load since nothing is rolling.

Email if interested, or call 415-831-7082 home, or 415-286-1578 cell.  I'm
on the digest so please reply direct as well.

Mark Sinclair
msinclair@hotmail.com