Voltage Stabilizer

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Voltage Stabilizer
From: Phillip <metaz@knology.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 08:28:38 -0400
What voltage are the fuel gauge and temp gauge supposed to be getting for a
76' 1500?  I seem to remember someone saying 6 volts and that was what the
voltage stabilizer is supposed to do.  I replaced the fuel tank sending
until over the weekend and my gauge still didn't work.  So I checked the
wiring diagram that Tom made and found the stabilizer on my speedometer and
didn't get any voltage on the side where the gauges attach to.  As soon as
I removed it from the speedometer it went to 12 volts and the fuel gauge
started to move.  I don't know much about the electrical stuff in a car so
I am not sure what to do now.  Does this mean that my stabilizer is
bad?  Thanks for your help!

Phillip
76' 1500 (finally has two seats)

metaz@knology.net