Re: '78 music

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: '78 music
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 23:02:58 +0100
In article <6J3agACMW0t8EwmI@hargreave-mawson.demon.co.uk>, Michael
Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com> writes

>I don't suppose you're going to like too many of these, but they will
>all make you drive faster and with more flair!

<snip>

In case anyone else is interested in what eventually ended up on the
tape, here's the playlist (remember that this is designed to be used in
'77 and '78 Spits):

SIDE ONE
X-Ray Spex - Germ Free Adolescents, 1978
Sex Pistols - Pretty Vacant, 1977 ("Alternate" version)
Ramones - Sheena is a Punk Rocker, 1977 (Live)
Clash - White Riot, 1977
Meat Loaf - Bat out of Hell, 1977
Elvis Costello and the Attractions - Oliver's Army, 1978
Buzzcocks - Ever Fallen In Love, 1978
Siouxsie & The Banshees - Hong Kong Garden, 1978
Blondie - Hanging on the Telephone, 1978
Stranglers - Peaches, 1977
Boomtown Rats - Rat Trap, 1978
Queen - Tie Your Mother Down, 1976
Jam - Modern World, 1977

SIDE TWO
Stranglers - No More Heroes, 1977
Ruts - Babylon's Burning, 1978
Blondie - Denis, 1977
Eddie and the Hot Rods - Do Anything You Wanna Do, 1977
Boomtoom Rats - She's So Modern, 1978
Skids - Into the Valley, 1979
Siouxsie and the Banshees - Helter Skelter, 1978
Judas Priest - Take on the World, 1978
Clash - Tommy Gun, 1978
Ted Nugent - Cat Scratch Fever, 1978
Tom Robinson Band - Winter of '79, 1978
Pretenders - Precious, 1979
Dickies - Banana Splits, 1979
Undertones - Teenage Kicks, 1978
Blondie - X-Offender, 1977

In addition to the missing tracks from Richard's original list, I had
intended to include the following, but none of them made it, either:

Sex Pistols - Anarchy in the UK, 1976
Stranglers - Something Better Change, 1977
Meat Loaf - Paradise by the Dashboard Light, 1977
Stiff Little Fingers - Suspect Device, 1978
Siouxsie and the Banshees - Metal Postcard, 1978
Jam - David Watts, 1978
Jam - Down in the Tube Station at Midnight, 1978
Stiff Little Fingers - Alternative Ulster, 1979
Leighton Buzzards - Saturday Night Beneath the Plastic Palm Trees, 1979

The absence of these tracks was partly due to lack of clean copies from
which to record, but mostly due to the fact that the tape was only a
C-90!

ATB

--
Mike
Michael Hargreave Mawson, author of "Eyewitness in the Crimea"