Re: seat squab rubber straps

To: td214@cam.ac.uk
Subject: Re: seat squab rubber straps
From: "James Carruthers" <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 14:55:32 +0100
Hi Tim,

There are 2 nuts that hold the rubber conical bonnet stops - 1 of which is
inside a bracket that is attached to the bonnet. The nut is stopped from moving
by the bracket. The problem is that when I went undo the rubber cone/bolt
assembly - the nut's edges disintegrated - and the whole think has basially got
stuck together - so it now just spins around in the bracket. I'm going to have
to saw off the bolt - and then push the bolt and the nut (that is stuck) - up
and out of the bracket - but there is no way of opening up the bracket that I
can see on my car without brute force.

Mike mentioned that he found there was a metal flap that he just levered open
with a screwdriver. But mine doesnt have a flap.

I hope that explains it.

James

1977 Pimento Red Spit