Spitfire tires, help

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Spitfire tires, help
From: KEschhofen@aol.com
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 23:57:42 EST
I got the spit on the road today (for the first time every). A fun
experience. I had to get it on the road before winter.

Of course I found a couple of things wrong.

What size tires do you have. I put on 155r80/13's, new michelins. The car
seems a little loose when rocking the steering back and forth. These are the
right size for the car. I have heard that a wider tire would not roll side to
side as much. If this is the problem. I am wondering if I should have gone to
a wider tire. recommendations?

Question... Does the spitfire have a synchro for first gear? I would grind
first gear unless the car was almost stopped. I know that TR3 don't have one
on fisrt gear. Do you have this problem?

I also had touble starting it after I just shut it off. It seemed to be
flooring. I opened up the back carb (lifted the carb piston) and started it
successfully. This happened again and again

Thanks
Kevin Eschhofen