Re: GT6 engine barely runs ?

To: "Mike Ross" <mikeross@Prodigy.net>,
Subject: Re: GT6 engine barely runs ?
From: Dan Canaan <Flinters@picarefy.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2001 14:46:53 -0700
Since you were working on the electrical system and the car ran fine before
that, but not afterwards, it does lead me to believe there is something
amiss in the ignition circuit.  The symptoms you are reporting happen when
you get a weak spark due to low voltage at the coil.  Try jumping a wire
from the coil to the battery for a full voltage and see if the car runs
better.  If so, then track down the wire from the coil to the key switch
and see if you have a poor connection someplace.  I suspect you'll find a
bad crimp or loose spade terminal someplace.

 |             |   1968 Triumph Spitfire Mk III   *   Furry Artist      |
 |             |   MINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINT!!   |
 |    Canaan   |     ConiFur NorthWest 2001 - Furries in Seattle!       |
 | CONIFUR NW  |   Flinters@picarefy.com * http://jarmac.picarefy.com   |