Re: Spit Spin

To: stiker2126@yahoo.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spit Spin
From: Carter Shore <clshore@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2001 08:56:07 -0700 (PDT)
Henry,
it sounds like one of the bolts holding the U-joint
yoke to the stub axle flange was loose enough to back
out and jam between the allen head screw attaching the
stub axle seal to the diff case.
Usually, these do not jam, they machine themselves
against each other, and make 'strange noises'.

Did you do the U-joint work yourself?
Not pointing any fingers, just suggesting a
possibility.

( don't ask me how I know this! )

Sorry to hear about the damage, but if you escaped
unscathed, that's the important thing.

Carter Shore