Re: Front hub dust cover

To: "Richard B Gosling" <Gosling_Richard_B@perkins.com>,
Subject: Re: Front hub dust cover
From: "Ptegler" <ptegler@gouldfo.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 08:36:25 -0400
I've always had great success simply putting a 'sharp' edge
screw driver against the cap right at the edge of the hub...
Angle the screw driver.. handle near the drum...tip pointing
in the direction the cap needs to move.
hit it once or twice with a hammer (the screwdriver).
It will move the cap out just a little bit.... then rotate and work your
way around the cap.

After removing the cap for the first time...I drill a hole and insert
a small (#6 - #8) machine bolt through the hole (head inside the cap)
install a nut ( or two) on the outside of the cap.   Now you have a handle
to easily grab with a pair of pliers to remove it next time.

Paul Tegler     ptegler@gouldfo.com    www.teglerizer.com