Down the street...AND BACK!!!

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Down the street...AND BACK!!!
From: Tburke4@aol.com
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 13:40:19 EDT
Not-withstanding a half a dozen (or more) remaining minor adjustments and
leaks, T. Burke's III and IV took the 80 Spit down the driveway (scrape,
scrape), and up the road (putt-putt, Blaat!!, putt) and back up the driveway
today. This marks our first and longest excursion since it arrived here by
flatbed 2-1/2 years ago. It ain't much, but, it's a start. A lot remains to
be done before it's a road-ready daily driver, but that all seems much closer
today.

As ever, my thanks to everyone on the list who contributed their thoughts,
their parts, and their encouragement. It might have been possible to reach
this point without the list, but it would have been a lot harder and not
nearly as much fun

Best regards,

Tom Burke
80 Spit (film at eleven)