RE: Simple Twin SU question..... #2

To: "Spitfires" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Simple Twin SU question..... #2
From: "Bill Miller" <millerb@netusa1.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 20:46:38 -0500
First off, thanks to Joe, Trevor, Terry, Bob, Hector, Jean-Marc, and anybody
else that I may have missed.

The answer was a combination of everyone's answers.  They were out of
balance; I originally did it by ear,
but I borrowed a Unisyn and saw that my ear's not that good.  I really need
to go buy a Unisyn....

Also, as many of you suggested, the dashpot oil were indeed different.  I
originally topped them off, but
today, I emptied them.  One side had either molasses or honey, the other
carb had sewing machine oil or water.
Now they both have 30wt like they're supposed too.

Ok, so now every thing idles smooth, I've got decent throttle response,
accelerates nice, BUT...
I'm missing out (semi-rough) at cruising speed (3500-4000)  Just push on the
gas, and it no longer misses
out.  Is this still a Carb/Mixture/Balance problem???  Or is it ignition?
My guess is it still a fuel
delivery problem, but I really don't want look where the problem is not!

Bill
(With a new Spitfire4 MK2 - 1966)

Who said the single ZS on the 1500's were bad?  I've forgotten how much fun
2 carbs are to try to set up!