Re: Carb rebuild kits for HS4s

To: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Subject: Re: Carb rebuild kits for HS4s
From: Quirk <quirk@telusplanet.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 23:04:11 -0600
Trevor, is your 1500 a low compression or high compression engine?  The
Euro-carbs were jetted for high compression engines and used an ATB needle.  If
you have any mods done (ie:  K&N filters, headers, uprated cam, etc.) you will
need to swap the needles for a more appropriate profile.  The piston springs
play
an important part in tunability as well and must be of equal compression value.
Float height must also be within spec.  HS4 carb kits should be available
locally
in Ottawa check with the Mini shop listed in the yellow pages -- I can't
remember
their name but they were just west of Ottawa.

Respond back to me if you want some spec's that I have settled on in getting a
set of HS4's dialled in on my low compression 1500 with header and K&N filters.

Larry Quirk