youger owners

To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: youger owners
From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 15:10:35 -0400
Wow, never thought I would read something like this from Kai, drive down any
street, parking lot (especially high schools) and look at whom is driving
the cleanest, most spotless car, kids, kids and more kids, with out kids our
hobby, our appreciation in values are shot, doomed, the "Triumph" marquee is
dead. 4 times in the past 3 years I have given seminars at the local high
school on the merits of owning, restoring, and driving antique cars, I have
received a great response from the students, teachers and school boards,
they all love it, it has great value in promoying our hobby that most of
these kids are not aware of, I have flooded Andy M. and other board members
about a youth program, it would be just great, for both the kids and the
"Old Farts" that think kids are just racing bums, and DPO's, these kids have
plenty to offer, not only in desire to be a part of something but to try and
make it better, and darn they sure make their cars look better, next time
you park in front of the local theatre, bet-ya it's the kids that give the
thubs-up for a neat car, and lastly, why do you want to pull up to a red
light and race him anyway, he is not there for racing, he's there for
showing, and no the kids of today are not into "street-rods", they are into
being themsilves and having pride in what they have, loud exhaust (we have
Monza), and sporty looks. We would all be much better off if we increased
every club 10 fold with kids, what a great time. And yes Randall is correct,
"A's waited to long to get involved in the youth movement, they started 5
years ago, should have been 20.  "FT"