The Great American Race!!

To: "Team,Spitfiresautox" <spitfires@autox.team.net>, <ckigar@sound.net>
Subject: The Great American Race!!
From: "BILL McDEVITT" <wmmk1@informatics.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 12:24:55 -0500
Chip, The next over night stop was Salina, Ks. and I also spent considerable
time with Laura. Found she is a very lovable individual with a terrific
personality!!
We missed each other several times through out the day, just too many people
crowded on the streets!!
I had my MK1 on display also and she wanted to see it, as a friend of hers
saw it
at the Portland, OR. show and told her that it was a nicer Spitfire than
hers!!??
Laura found my Spitfire without me being near it and took some pictures of
it. I
found this out from friends in the area.
When I finally caught up with her, she admitted that it does look better
than hers!!
I reminded her that hers is a daily driver and mine is just a show and race
car!!
A very lovely honest person she is!!!   Bill