Re: Bowie MD this Sunday

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bowie MD this Sunday
From: Terry Thompson <firespiter@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 15:45:13 -0700 (PDT)
http://hometown.aol.com/britishcarday/

I believe it's 9am to 4pm. Most of the attendants
start leaving after they announce the class/show
winners at 2:00pm.

Depending on weather, I'll be there to look around and
browse the vendors. No drive-in registrations this
year. They limited the field to the first 400
pre-registrants (due to a mandate by the city of Bowie
community leaders earlier this year). Previous years
had in excess of 600 automobiles attending. Plus all
the British cars and observer's cars that park up and
down the side road (?).

Ironicly the community supposedly didn't have so much
of an issue with all of the cars parked within the
park, but had a problem with the droves of observers
cars on the side-streets; cluttering up the community
on-street parking. But I have a feeling that with all
of the LBC owners that are forced out of the field,
more LBC's this year will wind-up still attending but
parking on the sidestreets.

Of course, this is assuming that the weather is
cooperative.
-Terry

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/