Re: Mk3 Front bumper

To: "simon.halliwell" <simon.halliwell@consignia.com>,
Subject: Re: Mk3 Front bumper
From: Richard B Gosling <Gosling_Richard_B@perkins.com>
Date: 22 Jun 2001 06:02:30 -0500
Simon,

The advice I have heard is that a re-chromed second-hand bumper is better than
 a new one - the main steel part of the bumper is pretty thin in the new ones.
 This applied to my 1500, but I guess the situation is the same for MkIII as
 well.  If you are wanting to look smart (and after finishing a restoration I'm
 sure you do) then re-chroming is probably the best way to go.  Not sure how
 much this costs, but it's less than a new bumper (which is 200-odd quid for a
 1500).  If you don't have an old bumper to get re-chromed, the Spitfire
 Graveyard is bound to have some, also probably other dismantlers - the ones I
 know of are TRGB and Manvers Triumph, but there are plenty more.  TRGB arrange
 re-chroming, but the work is out-sourced, so you are probably better off going
 direct to the people who do it - if you can find out how to find these people!

Enjoy the weekend now you're back on the road!

Richard & Daffy