Re: Alternater

To: Grant Buss <buss3@sympatico.ca>, Spitlist <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Alternater
From: Flinthoof Ponypal <Flinters@picarefy.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 10:03:37 -0700
At 12:26 PM 6/20/01 -0400, Grant Buss wrote:
>I think we have decided that the _generator_ on my boy's Mk3 is putting
>less into the into the battery then the car (radio) is taking out. I
>have changed my 1500 to a GM alternator so I know the one to get,  but
>what has to be changed when going from a generator to an alternator
>(voltage regulator)?
>    Thank you to the people who helped with my original question about
>the battery.

I've done this very conversion and it's all documented at:

http://www.ponypics.com/spitfire/alternator.html

I've also made a handy one page diagram that covers the conversion for both
alternators and generators at:

http://jarmac.picarefy.com/spitfire/7127-conversion.jpg
 |             |   1968 Triumph Spitfire Mk III   *   Furry Artist      |
 |             |   MINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINT!!   |
 |    Canaan   |     ConiFur NorthWest 2001 - Furries in Seattle!       |
 | CONIFUR NW  |   Flinters@picarefy.com * http://jarmac.picarefy.com   |