Re: Bad spark plugs? (Long Story)

To: Terry Thompson <firespiter@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Bad spark plugs? (Long Story)
From: Nolan Penney <npenney@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 21:35:14 -0400
Fwiw, Grassroots Motorsports did a quick dyno test with about a dozen different
plugs in a Dodge Neon a few years ago.  NGK came out on top.  Virtually every
new
plug produced less power then the old NGK plugs the car originally came with.

Make no mistake, plugs are *not* all the same.  A motorcycle shop I worked in
used to do Champion tune ups on a regular basis for a special discount.  I.e.,
customer would bring in the bike because it was running lousy, we'd notice the
use of Champion plugs.  Replace the plugs with NGK, send the customer out the
door happier then a duck in a puddle because his bike now ran right.  For a
while, this became quite common in the japanese motorcycle business.

One I no longer run is the Bosch platinum (sp).  I've had too many of those come
apart on me.  They were dandy plugs when they were first being produced, but
something changed on the line, and I started having problems with the center
electrodes burning/falling out.